Pro Alloy Radiator. [Focus ST/RS MK2],
A Radiator for those looking for superior quality to that of all others offered on the market.
Tuning and hard driving does take its toll on the RS MK2 due to its already marginal cooling system. Our proven Focus RS MK2 radiator upgrade is hand crafted and is a direct replacement for the OEM cooler. Supplied complete with all fixing points for the A/C and standard intercooler.
Due to these factors, we have focused on looking for gains in surface area, internal water flow around the system, and reliability. As most tuned and modified cars are likely to be fitted with larger, up-rated intercoolers the ambient airflow to the radiator can be compromised, we have therefore increased the tube pitching of the new radiator core to maintain good ambient airflow through the radiator and with an increase in core thickness of 11%, achieved a gain in internal water flow of 5%. The increases we were able to make to the frontal area of the core ultimately giving an increase in surface area of 4.5%. The new Pro Alloy radiator is of an all aluminium construction and is skillfully TIG welded by our highly trained engineers. Being aluminium there are no plastic end tanks like the ones found on the original Ford unit – This mass-produced style of radiator is always a weak point in any cooling system as the plastic is well known for bursting or cracking.
The advantages are as follows.
- Lightweight all alloy construction which eliminates troublesome end tanks with weak intercooler mount points. This is particularly useful as some aftermarket intercooler kits are heavy and rely on these mount points to support the intercooler.
- High performance core that reduces the water temperatures by up to 10 degrees on track.
- Original fans can be re-fitted.
- Will fit with OEM Intercooler, our large STRS cooler, WRC style cooler + most aftermarket coolers.
- CNC machined sturdy billet mounts