When the oil inside the differential gets hot, its ability to lubricate and protect both the gears and LSD is reduced. This is more likely to occur during extended periods of hard use, such as on track, so it is beneficial to stabilise and reduce temperatures in order to limit premature wear.
The AIRTEC Motorsport cooling duct works by directing fast-flowing air passing underneath the car towards the differential’s cooling fins, which rely purely on air flow to shed heat effectively. By providing more sustained air flow to these fins, the differential’s cooling capacity and ability to withstand heat soak is increased, which therefore allows it to better control operating temperatures in comparison to standard.
Our updated Version 2 design is made from high-quality, injection moulded plastic that is both lightweight and durable. Finished in red, the duct is a direct fitment that requires no additional drilling or cutting to fit, and comes complete with all the correct fixtures and fittings, as well as detailed instructions.
- Version 2 design made from injection moulded plastic
- Lightweight and durable construction
- Directs air flow to the differential’s cooling fins
- Helps to reduce differential running temperature
- Fits in place with no cutting or drilling required
- Can be fitted in under 30 minutes with no special tools required