Quaife Limited Slip Differential / Fiesta ST MK8
Ford Performance engineers have integrated the Quaife ATB to work alongside the Fiesta ST’s enhanced Torque Vectoring Control system. The electronic aid improves road holding and reduces understeer by applying brake force to the inside front wheel when cornering. This in turn delivers optimal grip on dry surfaces and smoothness on wet surfaces.
Once installed, you will will notice an immediate difference, as the Quaife (ATB) limited slip differential automatically biases the torque across the axle to the wheel with the most grip. Unwanted wheelspin and slip are greatly reduced, resulting in less understeer on front wheel drive ST’s. Enabling drivers to exploit the full potential of their machines for the first time, leading to a more exciting, rewarding and rapid driving experience.
Leo Roeks, Ford Performance Director for Europe explains; ‘Performance car drivers will be familiar with the dreaded ‘one-wheel peel’, where a fast corner exit is hampered by an overload of torque to the inside wheel. We’ve fine tuned the all-new Fiesta ST’s mechanical LSD option to work seamlessly with enhanced Torque Vectoring Control to deliver the best possible natural traction without ‘burning away’ excess torque with brake interventions’.
- Safe, progressive and seamless in action, the Quaife ATB differential never ‘locks’
- Controlled power is transmitted to all driven wheels, to maximise traction and minimise wheelspin, particularly in slippery conditions
- Fitment greatly reduces unwanted torque steer, understeer or oversteer
- Designed to work in harmony with road car electronic stability and traction control programs
- Improves braking performance on front wheel drive cars by reducing lock up and minimising ABS intrusion due to torque transfer action
- Reduces tyre wear, especially on front wheel drive cars
- Gear operated with no service components to replace – ever
- Direct replacement for factory standard ‘open’ differential unit
- Retains normal axle lubrication systems and maintenance schedule
- Backed by a Quaife lifetime warranty for both motorsport and road use