EBC Racing Apollo Big Brake Kit
The 6-piston big brake kit offers one giant leap forwards for the performance braking market-Readily available for high-performance variants of F2X-generation BMW hatchbacks. Featuring 6-piston front calipers, 355mm fully floating two-piece discs, front Bluestuff™ NDX pads, front braided lines and all fluid/fixtures required-Proudly engineered in the UK One Giant Leap for Performance Braking EBC Brakes Racing’s Apollo Big Brake Kits represent the ultimate upgrade when it comes to improving stopping power.
Complete with stunning, British-engineered six-piston calipers and all the hardware you need to completely replace all equivalent components of the front axle of your vehicle’s stock braking system, these complete kits give a firmer and more responsive brake pedal feel and allow you to drive much longer without the onset of brake fade.
Apollo Big Brake Kits are also supplied with front braided brake lines and high-performance fluid, ensuring a brake upgrade that delivers maximum braking performance. These kits are now available for the much-loved F2X-era of BMW’s ‘M-Lite’ hot hatches–a group of popular and very tunable vehicles that means they are the perfect cars to benefit from such an upgrade.
This kit contains:
Fully-Floating Two-Piece Discs:
– Fully-floating 355x32mm two-piece discs that allow the outer ring to expand freely in response to heat (this reduces stress which in turn extends disc life and reduces the tendency for disc cracking during extreme use).
– Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance (this reduces maintenance requirements and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely over time).
– Disc rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved cooling-Unique ‘Swept Groove’ slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gases whilst ensuring good initial bite on brake application-Now featuring the latest thermic black corrosion-resistant finish–the very latest in rust prevention.
Bluestuff™ NDX Performance Brake Pads:
-Every EBC 6-piston Apollo Big Brake Kit is supplied with EBC Bluestuff™ NDX pads for the front axle
-Now road legal in most markets, Bluestuff™ NDX combines excellent cold bite with the capability to perform well in short spells of track/race conditions
Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines:
-Every kit is supplied with EBC Brakes’ stainless-steel braided brake lines for the front axle
-Every hose has a stainless-steel braided exterior that prevents a phenomenon known as ‘ballooning’, this braided exterior prevents the spongey feel of OE rubber line sand provides greater precision and feel under braking
Super DOT 4 Brake Fluid Key features:
– Every kit is supplied with 1 litre of BF307+ super DOT 4 brake fluid. This fluid has a310°C boiling point
– A significantly higher boiling point than standard DOT 5.1 fluid-Having such a high boiling point gives the braking system exceptional endurance, allowing you to push hard for extended periods without heat soak causing the fluid to boil and resulting in fade
BBK041BLU-1(Storm Shadow Blue)
-BMW M135i(F20/F21) (2012-2015)
-BMW M235i(F22/F23) (2014-2016)
-BMW M140i(F20/F21) (2015-2019)
-BMW M240i(F22/F23) (2015-2021)